Welcome to Tardis!
If you're reading this, you probably just got an account, and are wondering where to go first.
You'll use the same password for all of our services, on the web or over SSH. When using the web, most of the services you're logging into will have a Username/Password form, but then a button underneath saying 'Sign in with Tardis' or 'Sign in with Keycloak' - use this button when it exists, or it won't work.
Now that you have the basics done, here's some ideas for where to go next:
- If you're new to the command line, try reading through the Beginner tutorials - they cover a lot more of the basics
- Make yourself your own homepage - It'll be hosted at
<username>.tardis.ac, or on your own domain if you have one.
- Deploy a web app using whatever technology you like, and some of our managed parts.
- Use Gitlab CI to automate deployment/testing
- Deploy something on our Kubernetes cluster
We also have some other services that we haven't really documented yet, or are just meant for regular use:
- Grafana, with Prometheus and Loki. Currently needs admin intervention to be usable.
If you have any problems, or there's anything you want to do but you don't have permissions, come talk to us.
Our issue board might also have some ideas.
Lastly, feel free to contribute anything you notice back to this wiki to help everyone else!